Pages

Friday, October 16, 2015

Warm Wishes

Hi Everyone!

Did you ever have one of those cards that took an eternity to complete? By the time you finished your not even sure you like it anymore? I stared at it for 3 whole days!!!!!  Yep, I started this baby on Wednesday and just finished it. 

Hopefully others will look at it and love it. But right now, I just want it off my craft desk so I can get on with my life! Okay, maybe it isn’t that bad. But I seriously stressed over it. It's another no line coloring using Distress Inks.

So here it is. I hope you like it.



I really do love how the birds turned out. It was making it into a card that really messed me up. Thanks to my puppies needing to eat lunch I took a much needed break and watched some video’s.  

All I can say is thank you Kristina Werner!!!! She made a round card today and I knew that was how I was going to finish it.

I told all of the other voices in my head to shut up because a decision has finally been made. Surprisingly they listened until I stamped the sentiment too high on the card and we started all over again on how to fill the empty space. LOL








Needless to say, my craft room is totally trashed and it will take me all weekend to get it back in order. Details on my supplies are listed below. Oh and the adorable bird stamp is on sale at Amazon. Just click through the link below. 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

NOTE: I am now set up as an Amazon Affiliate.










21 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful Tam and I love everything about it. I think I'm going to buy the stamp! What kind of paper did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you buy the stamp please go through the link I left so I can see if the affiliate thing is working. I also added a link to the watercolor paper I used. It's Strathmore but it is hot press paper which is smoother than cold press and makes it easier to stamp on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tam, I bought the stamp and got it today. Do you think I could use water color pencils?

      Delete
    2. Sure. I'll call you later and talk about techniques with pencils. There are definitely a few tips I can give you that will help.

      Delete
  3. It is stunningly beautiful. Sorry you struggled with your vision. I would be tickled to recieve this card. How precious! So glad to have found you through Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andie. Thank you for your kind comments. I'm glad you found me too!

      Delete
  4. I saw this on the SSS linky and just had to pop over here and admire your card. It's absolutely stunning. I thought it was a professional topper as the colouring is just perfection. I love the no lines look (but have so much trouble with it myself!). Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annette. Thank you for your comment. No line coloring at a basic level isnt that difficult when using the right paper, mediums, ink pad, etc. But to take it to a more advanced level it takes practice and a lot of time. Eventually I will start doing videos and maybe someday create a full class. But if you subscribe by email you'll see when I start doing videos. Thanks again for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. ohmyword, I saw this on the SSS board and wow!! I just had to come over and check out your work, which is stunning! I sent you a FB friend request so I can follow you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AJ. I got your friend request. I don't spend much time on facebook but I do post my stuff there. Thank you for your comments. I certainly wish I had made a larger version of this to frame.

      Delete
  6. btw, I'm addicted to coloring, but have never spent 3 days on 1 project. I think I would frame this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I am not a fast card maker. I can make an art piece in the time it takes me to make a card. LOL

      Delete
  7. This is beautiful! SO very pretty! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is amazing. I thought when I saw it now there is someone who already know how to watercolor freehand...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda. I assure you that is a stamp. I have done some freehand watercoloring but mostly stamps. Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog. Please come back again.

      Delete
  9. This is so beautiful, your colouring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lydia. I really appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness, this is amazing! You should be teaching classes, not taking them. I saw your card in the lineup for the Altenew watercoloring class. It is simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Birgit. That's the best comment I've ever received. You made my day.

      Delete
  11. That’s painted like a professional. It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete