Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

Holiday Penguin

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

 Good Monday Morning!

Today I’m posting my first Christmas card of the season. I am using the adorable Peeking Friends stamp set from Gerda Steiner Designs. This is the same stamp set I used for the Fox card I made last week. Both images were water colored on Strathmore Hot Press watercolor paper.

I colored the penguin using Distress Inks and the No Line Coloring Method which I seem to be addicted to lately. My other addiction is shaker cards and for this one I used the Stitched Banner Duo 2 die from Pretty Pink Posh. I filled it with a bunch of confetti, seed beads and of course Pretty Pink Posh sequins that I mixed together myself.

I kept everything in a red and white theme to match this fun background paper from Papertrey Ink Sparkle & Shine Paper Collection. I used the matching stamp set to add the star bursts to the tag.

The greeting is from a set called Merry Greetings from Mama Elephant. How cool is that font?  Add a black Chevron ribbon, a couple of rhinestones, some Wink of Stella Clear and tada… A penguin holiday card fit for anyone on your holiday list. And if you did it in a different color scheme and popped a different hat on the penguin it could be a card for just about any occasion.

I am starting to figure out how to link you to the products I mention. They are located at the bottom of the post. I don't have any affiliates set up yet but will inform you if I do.

Oh, and hopefully it won’t be long until I start making videos. So if you want to know when that happens please subscribe to my blog.

I would love to hear how you like the blog so far. Please leave a comment if you have any suggestions or just want to say hi!




11 comments:

  1. Love! Do a video on the no line coloring method please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean. Dave just built me a stand for my phone so I can make video's. I plan on doing no line coloring video's but thought maybe I should start with something easier. LOL I'm still working on my technique. But hopefully soon!

      Delete
    2. Better start with something super easy for me! Call me when you can, I broke my cell phone and lost your number.... Love you!

      Delete
  2. He is so stinkin cute - and I too love shaker cards - just don't do a real good job with them sometimes. I love all of Gerda's images and this one is no exception. You have show cased him beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card. You can never go wrong with a penguin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. I completely agree. I wish the picture would have turned out better. It is much cuter in real life!

      Delete
  4. This is a super cute shaker card. I love how you've painted the little penguin. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi Lydia. I don't know how many times I can say thank you without it sounding stale but THANK YOU!

      Delete