Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Jingle All The Way

Hi Everyone!

I’ve been a little under the weather so I missed posting on Monday. I probably won’t be posting 3 times a week as I won’t be able to keep up with that and trying to keep my craft room from blowing up. Seriously, it is sooooo trashed right now!

I stopped at Hobby Lobby to pick up a few Christmas picks for card photos and came across the cutest paper pad by The Paper Studio. I don’t use a lot of patterned paper and I have a ton of of it. But I had to have this pad. The charcoal black background in many of the sheets is so cool. I couldn't link to it because it wasn't on Hobby Lobby's site.

I created this card based on a My Favorited Things Sketch Challenge #250 but just now realized I missed the deadline. Darn It! Maybe I’ll use that same pad to make one for next weeks challenge. ):

You guys need to let me know how much detail you want me to go into on how I made the card. I really don't want to bore you with long posts.

I stamped the adorable dancing Santa from MFT's Jingle All The Way stamp set on watercolor paper and colored with Distress inks. I did not do the no line technique because I felt he really needed the black outline.

I stamped the sentiment from that same stamp set onto 40# vellum and attached it to the tag which I die cut using the Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Duo 3 die and then created the banner bottom with a die set called Fishtail Banner Dies from a new company named Sunny Studio. I did a whole lot of die cutting and fussy cutting on this card.









To finish it off I added the ribbon bow and bell, sequins, snowflake confetti, Wink of Stella, and some glossy accents to the belt, boots, and thin inset black border.

I really like how this turned out. It is so unusual because of the coloring. I hope you enjoy it too! 

I'll leave you with a close up of the Santa because he makes me smile!

If you have any questions please leave me a comment.

NOTE: I am an Amazon Affiliate which means I will get a small percentage of any purchases you make when clicking through the links labeled (AMZ). I only link them if they are the better price!






13 comments:

  1. This card is so stinkin' cute, Tammy. I love how everything you used goes together so well. And I didn't even notice the black background of the dsp because I was so busy looking at all the fun elements. It is an awesome card!! I see the cute little snowflake sequins that we both have. They are perfect for this card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! The little snowflakes added a nice final touch.

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely card. I love the cute little Santa on top.

    Thank you and stay blessed
    Salvwi @Specs N Scissors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Santa giving the universal "loser" sign? I love the black paper, who knew you could find a Christmassy black! Also, I love the stitching around the tag. Are the presents on the tag part of the paper or is that an embellishment that you added?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Santa is giving someone the loser sign. Hmmm were you a bad girl this year Jean? The presents are part of the stamp set. I just glammed them up a bit with some polka dots.

      Delete
    2. Ha! Not badder than usual! But seriously, Santa is giving the L!

      Delete
  4. It is just adorable, love the use of black - great paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting my site and taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  5. I love this MFT set and it's really neat to see it against the black and that great patterned paper...in a world of white CAS, it's refreshing to see projects using lots of patterns and bold colors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AJ. I like white space too. But most of my cards do not fall in the CAS realm. I don't think I am capable of making a simple card except if I copy someone else design. And even then I add to it. LOL

      Delete
  6. wicked fun card! love the colors :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete