Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Gnome One Else


Happy hump day! 

I have a special card today for a very special person. I think we all have someone we have known forever and don’t always keep in close touch with. But when you are together or talk on the phone, it’s like nothing has changed. They have been through everything with you. And they remember you the way you wish others knew you, young and full of life. Jean is my somebody.



When we were in school she was in jazz dance and I would laugh whenever she did jazz hands in a routine. When I saw this little gnome from My Favorite Things stamp set called “You Gnome Me”. I thought of her. Because of his little jazz hands, because she “gnomes” me, and she thinks puns are funny.  The real trick is going to be to get it to her by her birthday. I suck at getting cards out on time!
Happy Birthday Jean!

This is another no line colored image. The gorgeous plaid paper in the background is also from My Favorite Things as is the banner frame die (see supply list below post). All of the coloring is done with Distress Inks including the bow and the grass. Isn’t that little bow adorable? It’s a die from Mama Elephant. I got it in a Basic Set but I’ll also link it separately. I also used that Basic Set for the scallops on the plaid paper.

I have 2 close-ups for you today because I’m in love with that little snail.






6 comments:

  1. Can you hear my crying and laughing and crying? I love you Tammy, thank you for this! His little hands are adorable and so jazzy and I'm so loving your blog. You are amazing, yesterday, today, and always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me. I love you and miss you a ton! I'll call soon.

      Delete
  2. Sweet! That saying is great!! And the gnome is so cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cutie..... and that snail !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lydia. I think the snail is my favorite part too. :)

      Delete