Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

Transparent Ghosties - Booyah

Hey There!

Today’s card was a struggle but in the end I absolutely love the card. I hope you do t

I started 3 or 4 cards over the last week using Lawn Fawn’s Booyah stamp set. It is so cute. But I didn’t finish any of them. Each day I’d end up setting the stamps aside and moving on to something else. Then last night it hit me. Ghosts should be transparent. I wanted to make my little spooks so the background color would show through them, but I didn’t want to use vellum. So I started playing. I tried multiple things and several products for both the background and the ghostly image.



Here is what worked for me:

I created the watercolor background using Distress Ink on Strathmore watercolor paper. I stamped the images using Stampin Up Whisper White Craft Ink. Blended it out using a water brush. I wanted the light source to be from the center top so I attempted to give that impression based on how much white I placed. I then mixed up some Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor in Silver #95 with some Perfect Pearls and applied that sparingly. Once dry I added their personality via a cute little face. I used white gel pens to tidy it up a bit. I used Signo on the faces because it is more opaque and Gelly Roll for accents around the edge because it is more transparent and has smaller tip. I also want to mention the sequins and the awesome green ribbon is from Pretty Pink Posh.  I really like how they turned out.




I used a ton of supplies on this card. Until I can get a link program set up it is just too time consuming for me to list them all. If you have any questions please leave a comment. Hopefully I can get the linking stuff set up this weekend.





14 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love the ghost's different faces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This stamp set is so cute. There are 6 faces and some hats and hair and accessories. I wasn't sure if I could support my Casper type effect with any of the other pieces. But maybe I'll give it a try at some point.

      Delete
  2. OMG What a wonderful way to showcase these little guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deidre. I am really happy with my new transparent friends. I think they decided to stay because since I created them my studio is a mess and things keep going missing. Or maybe I just need to clean up a bit. Lol

      Delete
  3. Saw your card on the Lawnscaping blog and loved it, so I thought I'd stop by and tell you! Fantastic card!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica thanks so much for taking the time to let me know that you liked my card. I think this is one of my favorites!

      Delete
  4. Such a cool technique! I love how the ghosts turned out. Thank you so much for sharing a bit of autumn with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna-Karin. That means a lot coming from you.

      Delete
  5. SUPER COOL - LOOOOVE how you created your ghosts ! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karin. I love these little Lawn Fawn ghosts.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Those ghosts are really neat! Thanks for sharing a bit of your technique. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christiana for taking the time to comment. I'm glad you like my little ghosties.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi again Lydia. This is one of my very favorite cards. I love how the ghosts turned out. I'm glad you do too. Thanks!

      Delete