Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Frankenstein Fun

Hi everybody!

Today’s card is a fun one. Every year I get Halloween stamps and then never find the time to make cards with them. When I saw this little Frankenstein from The Alley Way Stamps I had to fit it in.


So Frankie is done in the No Line Watercolor style using Distress Inks. I had a bit of trouble getting those tiny little fingers to look right. But now I think he looks like he is dancing.  Isn’t he cute?

I created the lines on his pants by gently scraping the watercolor paper (Strathmore hot press) with the sharp tip of my Pick-Me-Up tool. Then added another wash of color and it collects in the lines. So much easier than trying to paint them on.

I may try to locate some challenges to enter him into. If you have any ideas please leave me a comment.

All of the stamps are from the ghoul-friend set from TheAlley Way Stamps.
The shaker bits are from Lucy’s Cards. I love the little ghosties in the mix.
A little black Wink of Stella to accentuate his spikey hair. And Sakura Black Glaze Pen on his beady little eyeballs.
All cardstock is from Simon Says Stamp. Designer paper is from my old stash.

I'm working on getting proper product linking set up. And fine tuning the blog and my social media stuff.


7 comments:

  1. His fingers absolutely make him look like he is dancing. I'm moving my neck in a circle just looking at him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't you just see the little dude on the dance floor? Got to love his purple jacket with the 80's puffy shoulders. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Halloween card. Love dancing Frankenstein, he is the bomb! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. He reminds me of the song Monster Mash. Which I'm embarrased to say I know all of the words to. LOL

      Delete
  4. Hehhe - so fun , your colouring is fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lydia. I feel like we are becoming buddies. He was a fun one to color. Im really sad that The Alleyway Stamps has closed it's doors. They had some very cute stamps. I think I need to try some doing some no line flowers. But with all the holiday stuff I haven't had a chance. Thanks again.

      Delete
  5. Love the spider web in the background of your shaker and also this cute Frankenstein :-) Stunning colouring again!
    Maike

    ReplyDelete